The European Scientific Working Group on Influenza (ESWI) is looking forward to organizing the eighth edition of its ESWI Influenza Conferences in Salzburg, Austria on 4 - 7 December 2021. In keeping with its excellent scientific reputation, the upcoming eighth edition will give floor to the most renowned influenza, RSV and COVID-19 scientists, public health experts and healthcare professionals, discussing hot topics in epidemic and pandemic flu, RSV and COVID-19. Preparing for the next (flu) pandemic is high on the agenda.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Pandemics influenza / COVID-19
- Early diagnostics and epidemiology
- Clinical manifestations (defining risk groups, lessons from the last pandemic)
- Clinical interventions (including antivirals, biological modifiers, immunomodulators)
- Pre- pandemic and pandemic vaccines
- "Preparedness": logistics, stockpiles, healthcare capacity, ...
- Differences in susceptibility between seasonal and pandemic flu viruses
- Threats and risk management of epidemics and pandemics
- Reservoirs for future pandemics: threats from the animal world
Epidemic influenza, RSV and COVID-19 - at risk populations
- Patients with diabetes
- Young children
- Health care workers
- Immunocompromised (disease/drug/ transplant)
- What is the evidence for risk (inclusion)
- Mechanisms / factors that increase susceptibility or disease severity
Interventions influenza / RSV and COVID-19
- Rapid diagnostics (point of care diagnostics, isolation policies, infection prevention)
- Antivirals and antibody therapies
- Novel vaccination strategies
- Biological Response Modifiers
- Symptomatic treatments (ECMO, clinical intervention strategies)
- Vaccine hesitancy
VIRTUAL & LIVE HYBRID EDITION
For #ESWI2021 ESWI is delighted to offer a hybrid solution. Live and virtual attendance will go hand-in-hand with the possibility to interact with all participants via the virtual platform. All sessions will be streamed and will be kept available for all attendees until January 31st 2022.
Young Scientists Fund
Through the Young Scientist Fund, ESWI provides grants to young scientists to attend the Conference and to play an active role in the programme – as speakers or as co-chairs of the sessions.
Deadline for application:
3 September 2021.
|MARCH 2021||Opening Conference Registrations
Start online abstract submission process
|3 SEPTEMBER 2021||Deadline Young Scientist application|
|3 SEPTEMBER 2021||End of abstract submission|
|4‑7 DECEMBER 2021||8th Edition of the ESWI Conference|
With a UNESCO-listed baroque old town, a high-on-a-hill medieval fortress, galleries with phenomenal art, some of Europe’s finest concert halls and uplifting mountain views, Salzburg is a perfectly orchestrated Alpine city. In Winter, Salzburg twinkles with Christmas- market cheer and world renowned orchestras play Mozart. Winter hiking is especially enjoyable on the city mountains and free ski shuttles take you from the city directly to the ski area.